Current Boards and Committees
Palm Beach County School District
- Construction Oversight and Review Committee – Architect member (2002-present; chair 2009-present)
- ISSOC (Independent School Sales Tax Oversight Committee); 2005-present
- Building Department Codes and Specifications Committee (2007-present)
- Seminole Ridge HS Construction Academy Advisory Committee (2005-present)
AIA Florida (American Institute of Architects – Florida chapter)
- C-STAC (Codes and Standards Advisory Council); 2011-2012 (advises AIA Florida executive board on codes related issues to take action on)
ICC (International Code Congress)
- Building Code Interpretation Committee (2012-present); committee provides advisory opinions about building codes used throughout the world
Habitat for Humanity (Palm Beach County) – Construction Advisory Committee
- Member 2012-2013
- Chair: 2013-present
David Porter feels strongly about giving of his expertise and experience to the next generation of contractors and architects, and in helping the school district run the best ship it can regarding architecture, design, and construction.
View or Download the PDF showing David’s volunteer work.
David has provided his expertise and background to help establish and sustain what has become a very successful construction program with the Weitz Academy of Construction at Seminole Ridge High School building modular houses for Habitat for Humanity. Visit www.seminoleridgehabitathouse.com that tells about that project and provides an update on its progress. David also built and maintains that active website.